The Lake Geneva or Lac Léman is the largest lake in the alps. The Lake Geneva is fed by the Rhône River, the Dranse, the Venoge and the Aubonne. At Geneva, the Rhône River leaves the lake in direction of the Mediterranean Sea. 60% of the lake is under Swiss administration, the remaining 40% lie in France. The greatest city at the swiss bank is Geneva; Lausanne, Vevey and Montreux are also situated at the bank of the lake. The greatest city at the french bank is Thonon les Bains, better known because of its mineral water is Evian.
There are two mountains at the Lake Geneve, the Jura Mountains and the Chablais Moutains.
The Jura Mountains are located at the west bank of the Lake Geneve. The Jura mountains extending in an arc on both sides of the French-Swiss border from the Rhône River to the Rhine. The highest peak in Jura Mountains is the le Crêt de la Neige (1.720m ASL), the highest peak in the Swiss Jura is the Mont Tendre (1679m ASL).
The Chablais Mountains are located at the south bank of the Lake Geneve. They are split across two countries, French (department of Haute-Savoie) and Swiss (canton Valais).

Plateaux du Jura (GR5) Hiking guide (PDF)  

Massiv du Chablais

Hiking in the Haut Jura (GR9/GR BL)  Hiking guide (PDF)  Profile GR9/GR BL Jura (JPG) 

Pictures: Snowshoe hiking in the Jura 2006 (Vallée de Joux)